The UMM will meet on the 1st Monday of the month from 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM for a meal and business meeting.
Boiling Springs UMC UNITED METHODIST MEN
September 13, 2021
*** MINUTES ***
PRESENT: Hal Hammond (Chair), Wayne Ricard, Rene Fernet, Roger Backman, Joel Keisler, Tim Wooten, Tommy Keisler, Gene Barefoot, Danny Backman, OT radley, Lyndell Shealy, Jordan Lindler, Ryan Lindler, Pastor Ken Prill, Harvey Amick, Dan Kinzly, Butch Williams, Jerry Gable & Bob Hardee. Special guest: Steve Phillips (friend from Pennsylvania of the late Luther Koon.)
Hal called meeting to order. Pastor Ken opened with prayer and blessed the meal. Thank you to Lyndell & Wanda Shealy for the wonderful meal of chicken salad crossaints, chips, baked beans, cole slaw, desserts & drinks.
- August Minutes - Bob Hardee made motion to accept. Dan Kinzly 2nd. Approved by consensus.
- Thank you to Rene Fernet, Wayne & Chris Ricard for cooking breakfast for the Sunday School children and their families on Christian Education Sunday.
Treasurer Report - Roger Backman (as of 9/13/2021)
General Building Fund - $35,241.82
Paving Fund - $22,570.00
Multi-Use Building - $124,640.95
UMM Checking Account - $4426.19
Check written for $41.31 to cover Christian Education breakfast items.
- Collected $135 at tonight’s meeting. Also had a memorial donation for Nita Keisler to the UMM from Wyman Taylor for the Multi-Use Building Fund. A thank you note will be sent.
1) Multi-use building land - land has been cleared and leveled by Ricard Clearing. Several men have been picking up loose debris. Wayne Ricard has spread a grass seed mixture and fertilizer to help keep dirt in place and has keep watered. Still need roots, etc cut, picked up and removed. We would like to have a workday on Thursday, September 16th at 8:00 AM to do some cleaning. Hal will have a ultility trailer to haul off debris and will be trimming trees as high as we can reach. We need wheelbarrows and axes.
It was decided to proceed with the building process and paying for each item as work is done i.e., staking of location and position of building, well, septic tank.
Wayne mentioned that people were riding horses on the cleared property and was tearing up the ground. Asked about putting up signs. We already have No Trespassing signs up but they evidently got turned around during the clearing process. Danny Backman will make sure signs are turned around so they can be seen.
2) Roger Backman hand handouts available for those who wanted them dealing with the potential separation of the United Methodist Church. Handouts included the proposed “Book of Discipline & Doctrines” as well as a comprehensive comparasion chart of the current UMC and the proposed Global Methodist Church through the Wesleyan Covenant Association.
3) The men asked Butch if there was anything they could do to help him keeping in mind his current health situation. He said no but the men reassured him all he had to do was ask and they were there for him as he has always been for them in the past. Also reaching out to Bob Pankow.
Next meeting: October 3, 2021. Harvey Amick & Ryan Lindler will furnish meal.
Dan Kinzly made motion to adjourn. Roger Backman 2nd.