Resuming Indoor Worship Services/COVID
June 9, 2020
Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Our Leadership Team* of senior officers has met via e-mail and have developed the following plan for resuming in-person activities.
- Provided that current re-opening strategies do not result in increased risk, we will resume in-person worship in our Sanctuary on Sunday, June 14th. A nursery will NOT be provided, nor will Sunday Church School resume at this time. We will have one Service at 9:00 AM on June 14th. If it appears that we need two Service times going forward into the summer, we will make those modifications and adjustments.
- Tentatively, we will resume small groups and regular Church meetings beginning July 1st.
- Use of the Family Ministries Building may also resume on July 1st. Users must follow current guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for safe gatherings.
Please DO NOT feel obligated to be at Church. If you are experiencing ANY flu or cold-like symptoms, have traveled to any high-alert area, have any reason to believe you may be infected, or have any reservations regarding inside Worship at this time, we encourage you to be pro-active in the protection of yourself and others and to please REMAIN AT HOME.
The Service will continue to be recorded and broadcasted on our app, website and YouTube. We will also post our weekly bulletins and “News and Do’s for Those in the Pews” via our Prayer Chain e-mail list.
We are implementing the following safeguards, and hope and pray you observe them…
- Please wash your hands thoroughly (for at least thirty seconds) with soap and warm water prior to leaving home. Hand sanitizers should not be solely relied upon—but there are hand sanitizer dispensers, in plain sight, in all of our buildings.
- Whenever possible, persons of the same residence/household should sit together. Other worshipers should sit six (6) feet between you and the next person or group. Please DO NOT sit in the pews marked with blue tape.
- Instead of handshakes, fist-bumps or hugging, we prefer you practice verbal welcoming with a warm “glad to see you” or “love you.”
(continued on other side)
(continued from other side)
- We will NOTbe passing the collection plates during the Offering space in the Service, nor will we be using hymnals. Offering plates will be in both the front and the rear of the Sanctuary near each exit to receive your “drop-in-the-plate” tithes and gifts.
- Everyone is strongly requested to wear a mask or face covering during the Service. By now, we all have one. These will help prevent you from transmitting the virus (should you appear to be asymptomatic and be infected)—or from being infected yourself. It will also give some comfort to other worshippers. Please also respect the wishes of others who feel difficulty breathing while wearing a mask.
May the power of Almighty God, and the Great Physician Jesus Christ, watch over us as we transition into a more “normal” routine. We WILLget through this together—with love, understanding and patience. May the Holy Spirit continue to guard us and guide us in all that we do.
And the Journey Continues,
* LEADERSHIP TEAM
Danny Backman – Trustees President
Roger Backman – Finance Chair
Sylvia Backman – Worship Chair
Dot Black – Assoc. Lay Leader
Neil Craps – Lay Leader
Ryan Lindler – Staff Parish Relations Chair
Sandra Padgett – Discipleship Ministries Director
Lyndell Shealy – Church Council Chair
Susan Sheldon – Staff Parish Relations Vice-Chair
Ben Treaster – Security and Safety Coordinator
Boiling Springs United Methodist Church - (803) 894-3930 / Pastor Ken Prill (803) 873-7742