For 175 years there has been a church or place of worship established on these immediate premises or nearby. The name Boiling Springs is quite unique in that it actually is named for the "boiling spring" which is located just below the church in an open field previously belonging to Mr. George Derrick and now the property of Laverne and Sandra Simons. The springs are given this name because of the manner in which they seemingly boil out of the ground. No doubt this name goes back to the time when this land was inhabited by Indians. This is apparent due to the fact that arrowheads and spearheads are still found in this area.
The earliest record that has been found which mentions Boiling Springs is a tract of land surveyed for Francis Bell 15th day of October 1788 containing 77 acres situated in the district of Orangeburg on Boiling Springs, a prong at the head of Congaree Creek Waters which is part of the Congaree River. It is also mentioned in another tract of land granted to William Taylor on the 6th day of October 1806, for 875 acres located on Chalk Road near the head of Boiling Springs Creek.
It is thought that the first house of worship was built in this area around 1800. Records found in the Lexington County Courthouse would prove this to be fairly accurate. According to the records, on the 10th of June 1829, a deed of land was conveyed from Samuel Archer for the purpose of building a church. This land was deeded to trustees: Samuel Friday, Jonathan Taylor, Thomas Poindexter, Thomas Hall, Daniel Roof, David Boozer, Christian Hall, Daniel Hall, Arthur H. Fort, James Dunbar and John Ables. The first church was a log structure. This church or "house of worship" was known as Boiling Springs or the Center Meeting House and was to be kept perpetuated as such: free for all Christian denominations to worship God, alternately, not interrupting the regular appointed House of Worship by Sabbath Schools or weekday schools which could also use the same premises.
Around 1875, the second Boiling Springs Church was built. This was a 30’x45’ structure. Several years prior to the building of the second church a school had been in use and was located where the current parsonage now stands. The school was torn down in the early 1900s.
Remodeling in 1919 added extensions to the church building. Worship continued in this building until 1953 at which time the frame structure was demolished to make way for the new brick church which we continue to worship in today. The Building Fund for the new brick church was begun in 1945 by the Reverend C. O. Dorn. The new church was designed by one of our church members, Mr. Harvel W. Koon. Mr. Koon had no formal training in design work but designed the church with his heart. Many of our church members helped with the construction of the new church. The new church cost approximately $100,000. When construction began on the new church the Reverend George P. Busch was the pastor.